CSAC – Catholic School Advisory Committee
Our Lady of Mount Carmel
Minutes of Meeting: Monday October 7, 2013
Attendees (In order of Sign In): Kevin Bellaire (Principal), Vicky Walker (Vice Principal), Kelly Marietti, Diane Luu, Claudia Armstrong, Monica Corazza, Josephine Zappa, Jennifer Pavao, Emily Stramacchia, Michelle Grineau, Gloria DiMario, Lisa Saab
ABSENT: Shannon Coulson (teacher rep), Candice Fader
6:05 – meeting called to order. Vicky Walker began with a prayer
Minutes Reviewed- some changes to corrected – Halloween Social from 2012 has an overall loss of $75.00 due to the $500 deposit for the 2013 Halloween social.
- Kevin Bellaire is the new principal – not “present”
After those changes, the minutes were approved unanimously and Accepted.
- Tree plant by landscaping company (Classic Landscaping, uncle of Saab family)
Will occur on Wednesday Oct 16, and the school wide tree plant will happen (with assistance of ERCA and Mrs Geffs) on October 17. The morning is the plant and the afternoon is slotted for mulching. The specific details have yet to be finalized. The City of Windsor is currently being contacted to deliver tree logs for seating of the outdoor classroom. DAD’s are being encouraged to help pound in the posts from 3:30 until done.
- Thursday prior to Thanksgiving is the Mass at school.
- OLMC has been informed that an audit will be held during the near future. All fiscal information must be disclosed (including CSAC) Josie Zappa has passed all documents to Mrs Walker on behalf of OLMC
- PA Day – October 11th (teachers are off site, support staff on site)
- October 29th – Cross Country Meet at 10:00 am – 12:30 pm at Malden Park
- October 30th – Bus Evacuation Drill for entire student population
- November 4th – Epi Pen on-site training for staff
- November 11th- Progress Reports going home
- November 13th – Parent-Teacher interviews
- 4 students have received IPADs for their academic success. Mr Angus and classroom teacher will help with the transition
- November 6th – ENWIN utilities will be doing 4 presentations (Grade appropriate) regarding conservation and safety of our utilities
Treasurer’s Report – as of 30/09/2013 (Prepared by Josie Zappa)
Outstanding deposit (HST rebate) $ 1, 241.82
Michelle Grineau is organizing volunteers for the Wednesday Pizza lunches.
- 501/640 students participated in Pizza Lunches
- SCAC will cover the cost for 5 students who need financial assistance. Those student names will not be made public.
It was agreed as a council to welcome all parents who are willing to assist (with last year records as well) to help. No criminal record checks needed because there is not a direct interaction with student. Harvest Fresh will also have volunteers helping in classrooms in order to speed up the process to ensure that teachers get their 40 minutes of lunch. Craft Lunches do require a police record check.
- the MAGIC CLOSET is donating a party as a door prize
- Cupcakes are needed (Betty Crocker + frosted prior to party)
- Linda D’Alosio will be decorating and setting up hall
- DeGooey’s nursery is able to get us pie pumpkins at $1.00 / pumpkin. Motioned by Emily Stramacchia to purchase them on behalf of CSAC, seconded by Jen Palko – Passed Unanimously
- Suggestions made to ensure that music is appropriate (radio versions)
- Donations are STILL WELCOMED (Diane Luu was able to bring in 2)
- Jen + Kelly asked for $150 allowance for basket raffle (as last year) Motioned by Kelly M, Seconded by Josie Z - Passed Unanimously
The secretary will attempt to send out the draft minutes with ample time to correct it in order for each monthly meeting to review and accept the minutes as presented.
Spitfire Day – January 16, 2014
- Ideas of 28 students carrying the flag and perhaps the choir singing
- 5:30 pm tailgate room (DRY EVENT) with pizza, snacks and pop
- Ticket sales begin at end of NOVEMBER
Bestseller Books were presented as a fundraising ideas.
Meetings 1x/month – TUESDAYS – 6:00pm
Next Meeting: Tuesday November 5th, 2013
Motion to Adjourn – Jennifer Palko, Seconded by Lisa Saab 8:05p.m.